Monday, October 10, 2011

will you play with me?

I don't know about ya'll, but the smell of play-doh sends me looking for the corkscrew. 
When are you going to play with us?
Just as soon as I get this bottle opened honey...

I love my boys with every tiny piece of my heart, but I cannot stand to play with them.  Horrible, I know, but I think they'll survive childhood relatively unscarred.  I don't mind books or puzzles or legos or coloring, and actually play-doh is one of the lesser evils.  But when they start with "you pretend to be the Hulk and I'll be a T-rex", I have to draw the line.  I cannot "pretend" to be the Hulk.  I cannot make smashing and bashing sounds.  I can't even make good car sounds.  I'm so glad they have super imaginations, I just don't want to be the Hulk, or Ben 10, or Batman, or whatever else has captured their minds at the moment...

But... today is a No School rainy day and I have a sinking feeling I'll cave and be the Hulk by the end of the day.  Because I hate to disappoint them, and I know there will come a day when they're not around to pretend play with anymore.  So probably today about 4 pm (when I switch from coffee to wine), you can find me smashing and bashing with 2 happy boys :)

1 comment: