Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cooking 101



Sometimes my kids eat corndogs and pizza.  Ok, most of the time.  I HATE to cook.  If I ever build my house, it quite possibly may not have a kitchen.  Notice I said IF and not WHEN - because this little divorce thing has completely screwed up my plans (but I am sooo not bitter over it) ;)  Anyway, it takes too much time and energy to cook for 3 people when 2 of the 3 will wrinkle their noses and say they want a sandwich.  But, I am really going to try to do better on this.  Because a) At some point, my kids need to eat a healthy meal and b) Sooner or later, my parents are going to stop feeding us.  So, if you have any easy, small portion, easy, kid friendly, easy meal ideas, send them my way.  Did I mention easy? Because that is the key word here :)

NOTE:  If the recipe says "debone chicken", you can just send that on to someone with a stronger stomach than myself.  I'm okay cleaning up puke and snot, and blood does not even phase me; but this girl is not about to "debone" anything...

3 comments:

  1. Scarlett, I have a receipe for PLAY CLAY, made out of flour & water and you add food coloring to it. All the kids (and Mom's) loved it when Robin was little. I'll send it to you when I get home. Will also look for some of my quickie receipes for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I should just feed the kids play-doh?? That's easy enough! Just Kidding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just learned all of the things you can do with a cooked chicken that you buy at the store. You can make chicken salad, use the chicken to make chicken and noodles, boil the carcass and make chicken soup or chicken and rice and all with one chicken. And you can even just eat the chicken with potatoes or something. By the way, if your boys eat mashed potatoes the Bob Evans ones in the refrigerated section are good, and you can freeze a portion for another time.

    ReplyDelete